We believe there are five key elements that ultimately create a successful project:
- Safety - Our agreement with and commitment to First Link Safety allows us the flexibility to effectively address details applicable to individual clients, projects, geography, specific regulatory agencies, and our own needs.
- Time Is Money - We repeatedly demonstrate our ability to deliver projects not only on time, but often before the scheduled completion date. We accomplish this by interfacing with project management to identify critical paths with input from key sub contractors, and by self-performing many major components of the work, allowing better control of project scheduling and overall progress.
- Delivering Consistent Quality - Through self-performance, pre-planning, and pre-construction services, we can economically address the performance needs of our clients.
- Cost - We utilize a variety of project delivery methods, including lump sum, guaranteed maximum price (GMP), design-build, and construction manager at risk (CMAR). In the GMP and design-build methods we provide pre-construction value engineering services guaranteeing "Best Value". While we prefer negotiated GMP and design-build projects, we compete successfully in the "Hard Bid" market. One should question the cost effectiveness of a contractor who will not or cannot compete in the bid market.
- Communication - Clear, open and precise communication is critical to the success of any project and team relationship. We have established a technology-based communication and information management system which ensures accurate, real-time communication of all data to all members of a project team - owner, architect, subcontractors, and Contractors Northwest personnel.
We manage all aspects of the development process from start to finish Our services include:
We are a traditional general contractor, not a "broker" that subcontracts all work. This creates advantages in schedule, quality and price. The work we typically self-perform includes: concrete, carpentry, structural steel, miscellaneous metal and select finish work.
Contractors Northwest is uniquely qualified as a Construction Manager or CMAR due to our collaborative approach to project delivery. We are geared to handle detailed, time sensitive, and complex industrial and commercial construction projects. Additionally, because of our longevity in the business we have immediate access to the most qualified and skilled subcontracting community and have unique internal resources that many firms do not.
We work closely with the owner and architect team to identify the unique and specific needs, and deliver insightful value engineering, accurate budgets and final estimates, appropriate construction packages with owner and architect input for bid, and provide and manage a construction schedule that meets the owner's needs.
This simple, straight-forward delivery method allows the owner to contract with a single-source of responsibility for the project and assures a true team effort by the owner, designer, and builder throughout the project from schematic design to final completion. The presence of the builder on the team provides continuous costing to assure meeting budget goals as well as thorough constructability reviews. This system is used to minimize the project risk for an owner and to reduce the delivery schedule by overlapping the design phase and construction phase of a project.
A key advantage to providing pre-construction services is to ensure a true team approach. During this phase we envision regular, at least bi-weekly, meetings of the owner, the design professionals, and Contractors Northwest to review the evolution of the drawings, discuss constructability issues, and identify "what if's" for which we would provide cost information.
Preparing cost estimates from less than complete construction documents is a strength of our company. Our staff includes two engineers as well as two full-time estimators and eight project managers all with combined experience of over 160 years of estimating experience. We have a very detailed job cost system, and an excellent track record in schematic and design development pricing.
Trucking and Excavation
We have experienced operators and professional workers to meet your residental and commerical needs.
Land and Lot Clearing
Road and Driveway Construction
Clearing & Grubbing
We are a full service demolition company that maintains focus on the importance of job site safety. Our crews are fully trained and certified. We work closely with our clients to understand their needs and surpass their expectations.
Total Demolition of Residental and Commerical Structures
Concrete and Foundation Removal
Bituminous Pavement Grinding
Existing pavement services, such as highways and runways, deterioate over time. Ruts, curling and faults can cause dangerous conditions and accelerate the wear on vehicles and the road surface. LaRiviere Equipment has several different bitimous pavement grinders to fit any size job.
Diamond Tipped Saw Blades
LaRiviere Equipment & Excavation begun over 30 years ago and has built large resume from bridge and roadway projects to water and wastewater facilities and even includes many municipal and site utilites projects.
Highway and Road Construction
Sewer and Water Retention Basins
LaRiviere has serveral decades of utility contracting experience and a complete inventory of modern, heavy-duty equipment, and knowledgage personnel.
Water Line Maintenance
Ductile Iron Pipe
Fire Hydrant Installation
Sanitary and Storm Sewer Construction
Manhole Installation / Rehabilitation
Snow Removal services available even in the worst conditions. We understand the Snow Removal is more than simply pushing snow. LaRiviere takes a proactive approach and closely tracks and responds to critical weather conditions as they happen.
Special Event Pricing