- Construction Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- Drivers License
- Operate many types of Heavy equipment including
Work Hours: Depends on needs of job(s), overtime likely
Primary Job Function: Ability to operate construction related heavy equipment (Excavator , Skid-steer, bulldozer, backhoe, front end loader, grader, articulating haul truck, etc.) proficiently and safely at all times and in all types of conditions.
Ability to communicate effectively with ground personnel and/or other operators using universal hand signals. Position requires continuously and frequently bending, climbing stairs/steps, sitting, lifting up to 20 lbs.(occasionally up to 100lbs.), repeated push pull motion, simple grasping, fine manipulation.
Constantly around other moving machinery, exposed to changes in temperature and humidity, dust, fumes, and gases. Required to work in all weather conditions. Duties will vary based on weather and time of season.
Reports to: Job Foreman & Superintendent
1. Show up 15-20 minutes prior to shift
2. Complete a thorough walk around and daily equipment checklist
3. Attend regular safety meetings
4. Work and communicate well in a team-oriented environment
5. Occasionally help with light labor work
6. Report any safety concerns to your immediate supervisor
7. Report hours and job duties correctly on daily timecards
8. Keep equipment clean. Good housekeeping is a MUST
1. 5+ years’ experience operating heavy equipment preferred
2. Valid Driver’s License
3. Reliable transportation
4. Able to understand verbal and written instructions
Key Performance Indicators: Certain key business indicators that will measure the effectiveness of the Equipment Operator.
These include the following:
1. Show up on site 15-20 minutes before shift to go over the work plan for the day.
2. Attend and understand weekly on-site safety meetings
3. Must work well with others in a team-oriented environment
4. Excellent work ethic is a must
5. High standard for quality of work performed