JOB SUMMARY: The Field Service Technician independently repairs machines in the field or at the shop. This role removes, installs, repairs, and performs failure analysis of all engines, electrical systems, hydraulics, transmissions, and electronic and computer applications. Five years’ experience and current CDL is required; CAT experience is preferred.
- Conducts necessary machine performance and diagnostic tests.
- Uses troubleshooting methods to repair and diagnose machine and attachment failures and performs repairs.
- Adapts knowledge of CAT machine systems to troubleshoot and repair new equipment models.
- Performs work in the field or shop, which can include overtime and overnight assignments.
- Repairs machines without error and consistently repairs machines within the time requirement guidelines.
- Uses SIS, and ET effectively to address technical issues. Performs all required tasks in accordance with outlined procedures.
- Conducts business professionally. Maintains self-control and integrity in stressful situations. Maintains a professional image.
- Evaluates parts to determine reusability and cause of failure.
- Completes service reports, time entry, and all other paperwork and reporting on a laptop and submits them daily.
- Work within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to self-schedule and perform duties with minimal supervision required.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Knowledgeable in CAT machine systems.
- Ability to work overtime with minimal notice required.
- Ability to drive for long periods of time and travel away from home as required.
- Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Five years’ experience in diagnosis and repair of heavy equipment. Knowledge of scrapers and crawler tractors, loaders, excavators, off highway trucks, required. CAT experience preferred.
- Prior experience in troubleshooting methods and systems required.
- Must own required tools.
- Must have a current CDL with air brake experience and acceptable driving record. Must meet DOT requirements.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with walking, sitting, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning, and twisting.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.